Updated: July 12, 2019
AGvisorPRO Inc. ("AGvisorPRO", "we", "us" or "our") owns and operates the website www.agvisorpro.com and other subdomains (the "Website") and the AGvisorPRO mobile application (the "App"). The Website and App provide an online service (the "Service") that connects cultivators of various crops and the raising and management of livestock (each individually a "Grower" and collectively the "Growers") who seeks the advice of agricultural experts (each individually an "Advisor" and collectively the "Advisors") with respect to the Grower's crop, livestock, business management, equipment-software, human resources, market and mental health through voice, text, video and other meetings and provides a platform that allows Growers to connect with their cultivation teams. Throughout your use of the Services, AGvisorPRO collects personal information about you. AGvisorPRO is committed to maintaining the privacy of individuals and protecting personal information in its custody or control and complying with applicable privacy legislation. To learn more about personal information, click here
You can visit much of this website without telling us who you are. The website, however, collects and stores certain information about you via industry standard methods such as cookies. By continuing on this web site, you consent to the data collection by cookies. If you want to opt out of cookies, please make the necessary changes to your present browser settings. You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from Facebook, Google and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings. Please note ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls. To learn more about cookies, click here.
Collection of Information
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Contact Information: your name, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other information to contact or identify you.
- Transaction Information: we collect transaction details related to your use of the Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged and other related transaction details. We do not handle and store your credit card information. Credit card information is handled by a third party payment services provider as AGvisorPRO may choose from time to time.
- Communication Information: voluntary information provided by you that includes, but is not limited to, feedback, reviews, ratings, requests for customer care, referrals, special order instructions, and other actions performed while using the Services.
- Meeting Information: we record the meetings facilitated through the use of our Services between Users for the purpose of improving our Services and to be used if required to verify complaints and resolve disputes.
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier. We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We collect information about where you are located when you are using our Services. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center, supporting compliance, and suggesting customizations to your experience with our Services (e.g. your language preference).
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We may collect, use, disclose and retain information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to open and maintain an account with us;
- to offer and provide the Services;
- to facilitate communications between you and other users;
- to provide third party service providers and users with another users' contact information for further follow-up and the marketing and promoting of the service provider's services and products;
- to process payments;
- to carry out customer surveys, in order to evaluate the needs, wants and satisfaction levels of our customers and to analyze and manage our business;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (including those related to security);
- to promote and market products and services offered by us;
- to send promotional materials, news, articles, and advertising materials when you subscribe to email newsletters; and
- to respond to inquiries from you.
Except as required for the foregoing, or as required or permitted by applicable law, AGvisorPRO does not disclose personal information to third parties without your prior consent.
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share your use and experience of the Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Since AGvisorPRO is a platform to facilitate meetings between users, we need to share certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, phone numbers, dates, times, and business name amongst the users to provide the Service.
You may modify or revoke your consent at any time, with reasonable notice, subject to applicable laws and contracts signed by you, by sending written notice to us at the email listed below. In some circumstances, a modification or revocation of consent may limit or prevent us from providing products or services to, or acquiring products or services from you.
how to opt out of collection of personal information?
If you want to delete cookies: please make the necessary changes to your present browser settings or from your computer.
If you want to opt-out of emails: follow instructions at the bottom of any email from us.
If you want to withdraw from registration to the website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To opt-out of mailings and other services that you may have previously requested, contact us at: Email: email@example.com.
Accuracy of Completeness
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, and complete. This may involve requesting further information or updates from you. We do request that you advise us of changes to your personal information so that our records may remain current.
Retention and Destruction
We only retain personal information for as long as you have an account for the use of the Services, or as required by the law. After that, your information will be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous.
Security of Personal Information
We recognize our legal obligations to protect personal information collected during the course of carrying on business. We have therefore made reasonable arrangements to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction of personal information. All interactions with our services use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Payments will be transacted through payment services providers as AGvisorPRO may choose from time to time.
EU Resident Personal Data Rights
AGvisorPRO is the data controller and processor of your information, on a secure server behind a firewall.
Under certain circumstances, EU Residents may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as outlined below:
- Be informed by fully transparent personal data and privacy policies of the corporation;
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons that you will be notified of, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and as you feel it affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information that override your rights and freedoms;
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you;
- Protection from automated decision making processes, which protects individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention, whereby the decision could have legal consequences on the individual or is based on automated processing; and
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
EU Residents may have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority for data protection issues. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please first contact us directly to allow us to do so.
Phone number: +1 204 891-1649
Or by email at email@example.com
Last Updated: July 12, 2019